Sunday, May 8, 2011

Madeleine McCann's mother suicidal thoughts in new book

Little girl was three years old when she was abducted, having been left alone with her brother and sister, Sean and Amelie, while their parents dined with friends nearby.
Her mother realised she had been taken as she made the latest of a series of half-hourly checks. The bedroom window was open, with the shutter having been raised from the outside.
In a new book to mark the fourth anniversary of her daughter's disappearance, Mrs McCann recalls running outside, screaming: "Madeleine's gone! Someone's taken her.

I was crying out that I could see Madeleine lying cold and mottled, on a big grey stone slab. The pictures I saw of our Madeleine, no sane human being would want in her head, but they were in mine.
"I simply couldn't rid myself of these evil scenes in the early days and weeks."
The book was penned by Kate using her diaries without the help of a ghost writer.
In another extract, Kate revealed her Glasgow-born husband Gerry, a cardiologist, was also wracked with similar visions.
She wrote: "I asked Gerry if he'd had any horrible thoughts or visions. He nodded.
"I told him about the awful pictures that scrolled through my head of her body torn apart.

failure by Portuguese police to trace either Madeleine or her abductor condemned the McCanns to a life of unrelenting torment. In Kate McCann’s case, this was punctuated by flashes of how she imagined Madeleine might be suffering.
"It was a long time before I was able to allow myself to take real pleasure in anything. I couldn't watch television, read a book, listen to music ... How could I possibly take pleasure in anything without my daughter?"
The new book has been written to raise money for the ongoing Find Madeleine campaign. Madeleine’s siblings are now aged six.

No comments:

Post a Comment